Hate working with people? Love to complain? Like to sherk your duties? Love gossip and intraoffice intrigue? This is not the place for you! We are a fear free small animal and exotic pet hospital looking for an experienced veterinary technician. . We value the client-patient bond, and are privileged to care for the health of animals. We are looking for a Veterinary Technician with a good work ethic and a passion for animals. Our goal is to provide high level care while also having a great relationship with our clients. 2+ years of experience preferred. If you like variety, a fast paced work environment and a fun loving group to work with contact us!
Veterinary Technician Job Duties:
- Determines animal requirements by conducting examinations and interviews; reviewing care plans and records; completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Cares for animals by taking vital signs; collecting samples; administering medications, drugs, and vaccines; bandaging and wrapping wounds; performing hydrotherapy, physical and inhalation therapies.
- Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments; securing and bringing animals to examination room; restraining animals; providing assistance as directed; explaining animal's status to owner.
- Supports operations by assembling required supplies and instruments; setting-up surgery table instruments; restraining animals; completing local/regional anesthesia; operating and monitoring anesthetic machines; hooking-up ECG monitors; preparing surgical site; placing catheters; obtaining blood gases; cleaning-up post-surgical site; maintaining sterile conditions; obtaining and verifying medications.
- Maintains animals by feeding and watering animals; cleaning animals' rooms, cages, and equipment; changing cages; observing for clinical signs of disease.
- Maintains safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments; sanitizing and disinfecting holding and operating areas; storing sterile supplies; verifying shelf life; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating database.
- Maintains equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional journals.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Veterinary Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of Animal Behavior, Animal Husbandry, Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Attention to Detail, Patience, Verbal Communication
Job ID: 240978479