- Centerville Animal Hospital
- Chesapeake, Virginia
· Strong, personalized mentorship built on guidance and trust
· Emphasis on developing skills and areas that interest you
· Interesting, diverse and challenging cases, with manageable caseloads and support
· Exceptionally educated and well-trained team
· Full team commitment to maintaining work as a healthy part of your life, and one that continually brings you joy
We welcome experienced veterinarians as well as those recently graduated veterinarians to pursue their careers here, ensuring a high level of mentorship and ongoing education. Grow your passion for healing as you join a team of veterinary professionals eager to share their knowledge, experience, and commitment to medical and surgical excellence in an empathetic, warm and friendly environment.
For over 25 years, Centerville Animal Hospital has developed a well-earned reputation for attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional veterinary professionals. Styled as a teaching hospital, our in-house programs have nurtured veterinarians, veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants, and practice managers to meet and exceed their career goals. Whether we are the foundation or a milestone in a career path, we are always honored to mentor those who share our passion for veterinary medicine.
As an AAHA accredited practice since 2006, the highest standards of practice and practice management are woven into our day-to-day operation.
We welcome our patients into the practice with Fear Free standards in all stages of patient care.
We are trailblazers for technology in practice, and this is evident in medical services, client communication, diagnostic capabilities, and practice management. We are a frequent beta test practice for many industry partners, and that does not stop us from innovating some cool technological solutions on our own! Not comfortable yet with CO2 lasers or ultrasound? Don’t worry, we will help every step of the way.
Our veterinarians practice with a significantly higher DVM:Staff ratio, with teams that include specialized roles to increase efficiency while never compromising service or care.
About this role
You already have a pretty good idea of the day-to-day requirements of being an associate veterinarian. Here are some of the key skills that we are seeking that are particularly relevant to this opportunity:
· Examine and triage pets to promptly diagnose their short- and long-term health issues and recommend best practice care and treatment
· Consult with clients regarding immediate, solutions-based care for their pets
· Soft tissue surgery at an appropriate and actively increasing level
· Readily incorporate technology into your patient care and client communication processes
Your qualifications are certainly essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate talent and skill as an Associate Veterinarian. In addition, these qualities are important to us:
· Ability to quickly build rapport with customers, fellow team members, and management
· An adept learner willing to explore new horizons and accept change when based on sound professional foundations
· Knowing that great results are only achieved through teamwork accomplished through mutual respect
· You know your measure, and can work independently but you also know when to call for assistance
· You respond to the real setbacks that we all know happen with positivity and grace
Chesapeake, Virginia, located in the Hampton Roads area is an ideal place to live for those who enjoy a flexible lifestyle with a wide range of housing, schools, sports, activities, and travel. You will be perfectly situated to enjoy all that the beach, mountains, city, and rural settings have to offer, all within very reasonable distances.
Centerville Animal Hospital has been a part of the veterinary community for 27 years. We work harmoniously with area practices and encourage collaboration, not competition. Our local veterinary community includes top-notch Specialists and 24-hour emergency hospitals, and we enjoy strong referral relationships built upon mutual respect and emphasis on the needs of the patient.
We occupy and own a beautiful, modern free-standing veterinary hospital. The interior is thoughtfully organized to complement the flow of care and provide lots of natural light. We are a full-service practice, and this includes preventative care, general practice, surgical services, dental care, boarding, and grooming. We are actively building on a passion for urgent care and emergency medicine and would eagerly welcome your involvement.
In order to attract talented Veterinary Professionals like you, we have a flexible approach to remuneration based on your expertise and potential – typically this will include:
· An appealing salary that will reflect your abilities and future performance
· Medical, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance choices
· 2 weeks of Paid Vacation per year
· 1 week of Paid Sick Leave per year
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Simple IRA retirement fund, with company contribution
· Paid continuing education, including travel, lodging, registration, and compensation while attending
· Membership to online CE platforms (VIN, Fear Free)
· VIN membership
· Virginia veterinary licensing fees and renewals
· AVMA membership
· Professional Liability insurance
It's time to apply
Centerville Animal Hospital is a genuinely unique environment and one that encourages quality and excellence in all that we do. This is very important to us, but harmony is equally important, as is ensuring a great working atmosphere where honesty through transparency builds trust.
It is time for you to take the next step in your career and join us. Please send a cover letter and resume. We genuinely look forward to talking with you!
Job ID: 360070919