Spay / Neuter Surgeon
- Spay Neuter Network
- Kaufman, Texas
Overview: Spay Neuter Network is offering the following possibilities in our DFW clinics:
- One full time spay/neuter surgical position working four days per week
- Two-part time surgeons, dividing the four-day work week
Each year, Spay Neuter Network conducts more spay and neuter surgeries than any other organization in North Texas through our 3 stationary clinics in Crandall, Dallas and Fort Worth and our mobile bus. In fact, our surgeons complete more sterilizations in one day than other veterinarian offices do in three months. Last year alone, we performed more than 25,000!
Spay Neuter Network’s mission is to eliminate pet overpopulation through spay/neuter, while empowering communities to care responsibly for dogs and cats. There are an estimated 350,000 [JC1] [TE2] stray animals in North Texas. Overpopulation places a strain on our shelters and communities. By offering free or low-cost spay/neuter, and by empowering our communities to care responsibly for their pets, we can be the pet health experts for animals and owners who need us the most.
We serve 15 counties in and around the DFW Metroplex and across North Texas. We have a close presence in locations where the overpopulation problem is the most dire: South Fort Worth, Southern Dallas and rural communities.
We offer an exciting opportunity for the veterinarian(s) who wants to be a leader in effecting change for underserved dogs and cats. We work to reduce shelter intake and euthanasia by providing services to pet owners, shelters, rescue groups, and community cat caregivers. If you want to make a profound impact while enjoying a healthy work/life balance, we invite you to join our mission.
Our staff is experienced, enthusiastic and skilled. We are committed and focused within an upbeat and compassionate environment. This is a fun and satisfying place to work. Everything is in place and ready to support you.
Spay/Neuter Network offers a four-day work week with no emergencies or weekends. Veterinarians in the past averaged five to seven hours each day.
Benefits include paid time off and holidays, health insurance, CE, and some licensing fees.
For the full-time position, annual salary ranges from $75,000 to $125,000 based on experience and surgery capacity. We will also provide compensation for moving expenses.
- Perform 35-50 spay and neuter surgeries per day including pediatrics
- Perform pre and post-operative examinations on all patients
- Supervise vaccinations and limited medical care as needed for surgery and wellness patients
- Perform post-operative rechecks and prescribe treatments as needed
- Supervise and train veterinary surgical assistants
- Provide strong and compassionate leadership
- Provide regular review of medical and surgical protocols
- Oversee use of controlled drugs
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Operations to ensure smooth operation of the clinic
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Texas Veterinary License
DEA license or license eligibility
Interest and skills in spay/neuter surgery
Interpersonal skills working with a team
Mission oriented with strong work ethic
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Typical end time:
Typical start time:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $75,000-125,000 per year
Contract work available
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- CE allocation
Crandall: 102 East Trunk St, Crandall TX 75114
Fort Worth: 3117 East Seminary Dr, Fort Worth TX 76119
Dallas: 2223 South Buckner Blvd, Dallas TX 75227
Job ID: 344409684