Job ID: 339918325
t Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group, we acknowledge and value our Registered Veterinary Technicians. They are educated, skilled, credentialed individuals who are compassionate and care deeply for our patients. They play a significant role in the success of our organization and the health of our patients. As such, VMSG believes in recognition and fair compensation for our RVTs by providing:
• Higher than average wages
• $2500 - $5000 Sign-On Bonus
• Annual Continuing Education allowance including additional PTO for C.E.
• Annual state licensure reimbursement
• Customized training plans to assist them in successfully meeting their career goals
• Support and guidance from board-certified technicians
• Access to our VTS Mentorship and financial assistance with the Penn Foster/PetVet Academy program
• Eligibility for our Support Staff Referral Bonus Program
• Leadership opportunities
VMSG Ventura is growing and expanding! If you are looking for a new and exciting work environment where your education and advanced skillset are appreciated and where you can continue growing in your career, VMSG may be right for you!
If you have never worked in specialty medicine before but have an interest in expanding your knowledge and increasing your skill set, that's great! Many of our most accomplished technicians did not have specialty experience prior to joining VMSG - we love training new team members and supporting anyone interested in growing their career!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Positively impact patient care through collaboration with the Surgeons
• Perform high quality anesthetic induction, monitoring, and maintenance for surgeries and imaging
• Participate in helping paralyzed patients walk again
• Acquire histories and assist during surgical consultations
• Assist in surgeries and advanced imaging procedures
• Utilize practice management software to maintain client and patient records
• Provide safe restraint for patients during examinations and procedures
• Perform venipuncture, IV catheter placement, urinary catheter placement, etc.
• Perform and recognize normal physical examination parameters on canine and feline patients
• Calculate medication and fluid doses for administration to hospitalized patients
• Participate in client education
Qualifications and Skills
• Veterinary Technician License in California, or have an active license in another state that qualifies you to be eligible for licensing
• At least two years of Veterinary experience as a RVT, or Assistant prior to licensure
• A flexible schedule that allows the ability to stay late on occasion to help with emergencies
• The ability to handle stressful or emergent situations in a calm and supportive manner
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
Additional Benefits Offered
• Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays Off
• Annual allowance for scrubs and other VMSG apparel
• Employee discounts on pet services, medications, and lab work
VMSG takes the health of our employees and clients very seriously. We provide PPE, additional sanitary station and health checks on a daily basis.