If you can see the bigger picture so everything runs smoothly, have a scientific mind and compassionate heart, and you want to work with a group of folks who are creating a new and exciting culture, we want to meet you. Woodside is currently seeking an exceptional veterinary assistant.
Our veterinary assistants serve as liaisons between the clients, veterinarians, and technicians. The best candidate for this position:
- Is meticulous with details, particularly when it comes to medical records.
- Can safely restrain patients maintaining Fear Free practices.
- Wants to educate our clients on products, services and medications as necessary.
- Can adhere to our guidelines for toenail trims and other ancillary services.
- Can maintain composure during emergencies.
- Is able to prepare the surgical suite and surgical patients.
- Can stand for extended periods of time (upwards of 5-6 hours at a time) and lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Has the ability to work well with humans: we love playing with puppies and kittens, but people in this role interact with clients and are expected to work well in a team.
- Has a flexible schedule. We will try to provide you with a consistent schedule, but the healthcare field changes from minute to minute; we must be willing to do the same. Must be available on weekends.
- Most importantly, loves being a part of a team dedicated to helping keep pets happy and healthy!
Although experience is not required, it is preferred. Pay is commensurate with experience.