As the veterinarian based in our Independent Pet Partners’ stores, your mission is to provide preventive pet care and advice to store customers. We are in general medicine, no complicated cases, no on-call hours, and no production requirements. Your compensation is not based on selling store products or services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Independent, strong, friendly veterinarian that is comfortable practicing the highest possible standard of care
- Team player with a strong work ethic, friendly demeanor, love for both cats and dogs and a passion for delivering outstanding customer service from the time a pet walks through the door until they leave
- Enjoys working directly with both pets and pet parents daily
- Provide preventative care, wellness care and routine medical care using a holistic approach and belief in integrative care
- Prevent illness and injuries through comprehensive wellness and preventive care
- Deliver outstanding customer service working directly with both patients and pet parents daily
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Strong affinity for animals.
- Ability to make prudent decisions regarding the welfare and well-being of animals.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Undeterred by being scratched, bitten, or exposed to infectious diseases, and resilient to noise.
- Available to work extended hours.
- Conflict management
- Customer focus
- Ethics and values
- Integrity and trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Written communications
Most tasks are performed engaging pets and pet parents in patient care rooms. You must be able to bend, twist, squat, sit, stand, and lift 50 pounds on a regular basis while working with a wide variety of types of pets, sizes, temperaments, and breeds/ mixes. Some of the time will be spent seated indoors at a personal computer. You must have good dexterity, visual acuity, and auditory skills.
IPP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. IPP recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.