In your search for the right career move for yourself, there are a lot of competing factors that go into that decision. What gets you into the door are your credentials and your salary expectations. What keeps you at a workplace is that you are getting your needs met as far as opportunities to grow, a sane workload, and a meaningful experience with a workplace culture.
We're looking for a veterinarian of any experience, ready to share the benefits of your veterinary knowledge to our patients (mostly dogs and cats), their client families, and fellow practitioners. A successful applicant should have these skills:
- Being a team player with a diverse healthcare team
- Excellent communication skills, both to team members and clients
- A sense of humor and a positive outlook to manage stress
- Pride in your work and an eagerness to learn continuously
- Honest desire to help our client community with sound medical decisions
- Assessing and examining patients, and diagnosing their medical issues.
- Conducting laboratory tests on specimens to diagnose medical conditions.
- Performing diagnostic imaging and ultrasound tests.
- Maintaining client records in Cornerstone
- Performing surgery, dressing and treating wounds, and prescribing medication.
- Promoting preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations, and by educating clients on positive diet and lifestyle choices for pets.
- Improving patients’ dental health by performing checkups, and cleaning and extracting teeth.
- Ensuring compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
Here’s what we are offering to you:
- Training and mentorship, from peers at our three hospitals, and in CE
- A full service hospital to learn in, with the latest ultrasound and laboratory equipment.
- Competitive pay with a 20% production bonus
- A 3:1 ratio of staff to doctors, and a team to delegate to
- Benefits: Blue Cross Blue Shield health, vision and dental plan, a 401k plan with employer match up to 5%, and life in one of the most culturally rich areas of the country. Plus you will have time to actually explore that feature with a work schedule of 40 hours a week.
All applicants must pass national boards and acquire a Virginia license.