Seeking experienced groomer for established grooming business at busy veterinary practice! We are looking for a talented, experienced groomer who enjoys bringing out the beauty in their clients.
- Grooming from start to finish - including, bathing, drying, brushing, de-matting, nail trimming, anal gland expression, haircutting, hand scissoring, ear cleaning, teeth brushing
- Consult with the client at the start of appointment about work to be done
- Clearly explain the grooming process for clients
- Recommend services based on the needs of the pet/client
- Give clients an estimate of the cost for the service and how long it will take
- Work with the front desk to coordinate proper appointment scheduling and communication with clients
- Keep detailed notes of grooming work performed including before & after photos
- Monitor health and well-being of pet(s) during grooming
- Consult with client after grooming about future grooming/health needs/recommendations
- Keep timely appointment schedule
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Safely handle pets of all sizes & temperaments
In addition to bathing and styling a pet’s fur, groomers inspect the animal for any external signs of parasites, disease, or injury and report their findings to owners. Pet groomers are responsible for sanitizing all of the clippers, combs, brushes, and other tools used on pets to prevent spreading diseases among their clients. They must also maintain a safe and sanitary work area to mitigate risks to both human and animal visitors.
Job ID: 304838067