We are looking for a full time, energetic Veterinarian who likes to engage with our clients to build lasting relationships. You will collaborate with team members to uphold ethical practices and medical standards, and to share veterinary knowledge. We are a well-equipped hospital with in house laboratory, digital radiology, digital dental radiology and a well trained, caring staff. We strive to practice high quality medicine and preventative care for our patients.
To be successful in this position you need to collaborate effectively with clients to create tailor-made health solutions for pets. Preferred candidates are organized, well-informed, and have high emotional intelligence.
- Assessing and examining patients, and diagnosing their medical issues.
- Conducting laboratory tests on specimens to diagnose medical conditions.
- Performing diagnostic imaging interpretation.
- Performing surgery, dressing and treating wounds, and prescribing medication.
- Promoting preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations, and by educating clients on positive diet and lifestyle choices for pets.
- Improving patients’ dental health by performing checkups, and cleaning and extracting teeth.
- Euthanizing patients.
- Ensuring compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintaining patients’ medical records.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Strong affinity for animals.
- Ability to make prudent decisions regarding the welfare and well-being of animals.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.