VetCheck Pet Urgent Care Center in Fishers, IN and Orlando, FL is looking for a compassionate and collaborative full-time/part-time/releif veterinarian to join our team! We are a full service animal hospital open 7 days a week providing quality veterinary care to the community. We are closed on major holidays!
As we grow, we are looking for an energetic, dedicated, compassionate and open minded team member to join out team. You have the support of dedicated team of veterinarians who are there to help you to be successful.
Our Core values and Operating Structure:
We operate under the core values of
- Cost-effective alternative to Emergency Care
- Give Peace of Mind to Clients by answering all of their questions
- We practice Evidence based Medicine here at VetCheck!
- We give free hand to the Veterinarian to diagnose and provide necessary care to the patients. We DO NOT micromanage!
- We want your complete YOU to be present and practice the evidence based, quality medicine the way you will practice in your own clinic. When you have ownership mindset, we believe you would perform 100% and gives you peace of mind at work.
- The Associate veterinarian is an integral member of the healthcare team and will play a key roll in the growth of the hospital.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provides compassionate care to patients.
- Works with owners to set practice medical policies and procedures; performs all duties in accordance with them.
- Works with the owners on plans for developing and growing the business.
- Is active in professional organizations and community activities.
- Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale; maintains core values and standards.
- Helps to develop new programs and processes that meet clients’ changing needs.
- Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of the client-centered environment.
- Delivers in-house medical training to the support staff when asked to do so.
- Works toward and attains practice productivity standards.
- Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Performs physical examinations using preliminary date provided by the veterinary technicians; diagnoses physical condition and presents diagnostic and treatment alternatives to the client being sensitive to their emotional as well financial needs.
- Performs medical, surgical and dental procedures; provides emergency services in accordance with hospital standards of care.
- Interprets the results of laboratory procedures and determines the appropriate protocol based on the results; reads radiographs and interprets EKGs and EEGs.
- Prescribes medications in accordance with manufacturers label instructions and uses. Understands common side-effects and common drug interactions with other medications.
- Promptly, accurately and legibly updates client records in support of the SOAP reporting method.
- Understands and carries out treatment orders from other veterinarians; makes necessary changes in treatment plan when diagnostic results support the decision to do so.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Plans and carries out a significant program of personal medical continuing education.
Required skills and Education background
- All levels of experiences considered
- Training program in place for new grads and ongoing mentroship will be provided
- Immigration Visa sponsorhip available to right candidates
- Dedication to long-term employment with our clinic, we offer partnership opportunity to right candidate after 2 years of working with us
- Friendly, helpful, open-minded personality
- Experience in handling emergencies is a plus, but not absolutely necessary
- Current Indiana Veterinary License
- Current CSR and DEA License
Reasons to join:
- Best compensation in the industry (up to $130,000/year) and GENEROUS sign-on bonus with signing contract
- Production bonus after meeting the base salary
- Flexible schedule options to promote supportive work-life balance offering Part-Time or Full-Time opportunities: set schedule
- Medical and professional liability insurance, professional dues, license fees, DEA fees, C.E. allowance with Paid Time Off and student debt relief program
- Training period and Excellent on-going mentoring and coaching through our team of highly skilled and very experienced veterinarians
- Monthly 1:1 with the Medical Director to help you understand your progress and answer any questions or concerns
- Highly skilled support team of Registered Vet Technicians, Surgery Technicians, Lead Technicians and Office Managers with 1:3-4 tech team per DVM
- Large Client Service Center team managing incoming phone calls, scheduling, general triage, appointment reminders and general staff support
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Allowance
- 401 (k) with GENEROUS Employer Match
- Paid Time Off- 3 weeks
- Relocation Assistance available to right candidates