We are looking to employ a compassionate and experienced Veterinary Medical Director to diagnose and treat various diseases, illnesses, dental issues, and injuries in pets. The Veterinary Medical Director’s responsibilities include explaining diagnoses and treatments to pet owners, preparing pets for surgeries, and administering immunizations. You should also be able to answer pet owners' questions and educate new pet owners on general pet care. They will oversee the daily operations of their hospital and provide excellent mentorship to their team and support to their associate doctors. To be successful as a Veterinary Medical Director, you should be able to keep abreast of the latest developments in animal medicine. Ultimately, an exceptional Associate Veterinarian should display sound knowledge of animal healthcare and treat all pets with compassion and love.
Veterinary Medical Director Responsibilities:
- Examining pets to diagnose various illnesses, diseases, and injuries.
- Treating pets by prescribing appropriate medications, cleaning and dressing wounds, and performing surgeries and other medical procedures.
- Collecting samples of pets' blood, urine, and feces as required.
- Operating radiographic and ultrasound equipment to conduct further diagnostic testing.
- Euthanizing pets in cases where medical treatment is, or would be, ineffective.
- Spaying and neutering pets.
- Advising pet owners on proper aftercare following surgeries and medical procedures.
- Updating pet records following each treatment and medical procedure.
- Oversee the daily operations of the hospital
- Provide mentorship to the hospital team
Veterinary Medical Director Requirements:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris (VMD) degree.
- State Veterinarian license.
- Proven experience working as a Veterinarian.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to think and act quickly.
- Willingness to provide after-hours emergency treatment.
- Manual dexterity.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.