Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work in specialty medicine? Are you interested in getting your foot in the door without having to commit to a full-time schedule? Are you looking to expand your veterinary knowledge while still receiving a competitive wage?
BVNS believes in recognition and fair compensation for our Relief LVTs by providing:
- Higher than average wages
- Flexible work schedule
- Customized training plans to assist you in successfully meeting your goals
- Support and guidance from board-certified technicians in Neurology and Anesthesia/Analgesia
- Unlimited growth opportunities
If you've never worked in Neurology before but have an interest in expanding your knowledge and increasing your skill set, that's great! Many of our most accomplished technicians did not have specialty experience prior to joining BVNS - we love training new team members and supporting anyone interested in growing their career!
Responsibilities and Duties May Include:
- Master neurological anatomy and function
- Positively impact patient care through collaboration with the Neurologist
- Perform high quality anesthetic induction, monitoring, and maintenance for surgeries and imaging
- Participate in helping paralyzed patients walk again
- Acquire histories and assist during neurologic consultations
- Assist in surgeries and advanced imaging procedures
- Perform venipuncture, IV catheter placement, urinary catheter placement, etc.
- Calculate medication and fluid doses for administration to hospitalized patients
- Participate in client education
Qualifications and Skills:
- Veterinary Technician License in Virginia, or have an active license in another state that qualifies you to be eligible for licensing
- At least two years of Veterinary experience as a LVT, or Assistant prior to licensure
- A flexible schedule that allows the ability to stay late on occasion to help with emergencies
- The ability to handle stressful or emergent situations in a calm and supportive manner
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
To learn more about BVNS, visit our website (bvns.net) or our Facebook page (facebook.com/BVNSNeuro/). Our hiring manager is not on-site in the practice – please do not call or stop by regarding this opportunity.