At Bush Veterinary Neurology Service, we acknowledge and value our Registered Veterinary Technicians. They are educated, skilled, credentialed individuals who are compassionate and care deeply for our patients. They play a significant role in the success of our organization and the health of our patients. As such, BVNS believes in recognition and fair compensation for our RVTs by providing:
- Higher than average wages
- $1,000 Annually toward Continuing Education costs
- Annual state licensure reimbursement
- Customized training plans to assist them in successfully meeting their career goals
- Support and guidance from board-certified technicians in Neurology and Anesthesia/Analgesia
- Access to our VTS Mentorship Program
- Eligibility for our Support Staff Bonus Program
- Leadership opportunities
BVNS Rockville is growing and expanding! If you are looking for a new and exciting work environment where your education and advanced skillset are appreciated and where you can continue growing in your career, BVNS may be right for you!
If you've never worked in specialty medicine before but have an interest in expanding your knowledge and increasing your skill set, that's great! Many of our most accomplished technicians did not have specialty experience prior to joining BVNS - we love training new team members and supporting anyone interested in growing their career!
Responsibilities and Duties may include:
- Participating in helping paralyzed patients walk again
- Mastering neurological anatomy and function
- Positively impacting patient care through collaboration with the Neurologist
- Performing high-quality anesthetic induction, monitoring, and maintenance for surgeries and imaging
- Acquiring histories and assist during neurologic consultations
- Assisting in surgeries and advanced imaging procedures
- Performing venipuncture, IV catheter placement, urinary catheter placement, etc.
- Calculating medication and fluid doses for administration to hospitalized patients
- Participating in client education
Qualifications and Skills:
- Veterinary Technician License in Maryland, or have an active license in another state that qualifies you to be eligible for licensing
- At least two years of Veterinary experience as a RVT, or Assistant prior to licensure
- A flexible schedule that allows the ability to stay late on occasion to help with emergencies
- The ability to handle stressful or emergent situations in a calm and supportive manner
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Additional Benefits Offered
- $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays Off
- Annual allowance for scrubs and other BVNS apparel
- Employee discounts on neuro-related services, medications, and lab work
To learn more about BVNS, visit our website at (bvns.net) or our Facebook page (facebook.com/BVNSNeuro/). Our hiring manager is not on-site in the practice – please do not call or stop by regarding this opportunity.