Animal Hospital of Falcon is located just 1 mile east of beautiful Colorado Springs. We are seeking a full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice. The ideal candidate for this position would be personable, hard-working, and confident in their professional abilities and communication skills.
Animal Hospital of Falcon is well established and has been offering the highest standard of animal care for small animals in and around Falcon for over 25 years. Our facility uses state of the art equipmment, including Laser Therapy, Digital Radiology, Dental Radiology, In house Lab suite. We have an excellent support staff that keeps our office running smoothly and highly qualified veterinary technicians to allow our doctors to focus on patient care. You must be a licensed Veterinarian in Colorado in order to apply.
Job Summary: In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a managing dvm and supporting medical staff. This individual helps advance the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality of preventative care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs. • Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in small animal veterinary medicine. • Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public. Skills and Basic Qualifications • A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• License must be in good standing to practice in CO.
• Committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills. and works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Ability to make decisions confidently and effectively.
• Able to manage time and tasks appropriately.
• Portrays a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Committed to ongoing educational development and growth
• 1 year minimum experience required Equal Employment Opportunity It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
Paid licensing fees, Generous CE, reimbursement for PLIT.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Generous Sign on Bonus
Moving Expenses Reimbursement
The Colorado Springs area is centrally located to an abundance of outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, fishing, and the amazing Rocky Mountains.
Job ID: 275723107