We are seeking a very experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our management team. Candidate must possess high level of LVT skills and management experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Acts as a champion for change and promotes best practices in the hospital.
• Establishes technical staff scheduling and manages labor costs to budget.
• Develops training and best practices for the medical laystaff.
• Leadership of the medical laystaff.
• Medical inventory, equipment oversight and records management.
• Coordination and liaising between medical and administrative staff.
• Ensures technical staffing levels are maintained to adequately support doctors in the practice of emergency veterinary medicine.
• Establishes clear medical protocols for the technical staff with the guidance of the Hospital Manager and the Medical Director.
• Ensures that technical staff are adequately trained for the performance of their duties through the development and execution of a robust training program.
• In-depth knowledge of veterinary medical operations- prior licensed veterinary technician experience is required.
• Strong leader and communicator-prior oversight of a large medical staff is required.
• Strong business management experience, particularly with respect to operating labor and inventory cost centers in a medical setting.
• Able to work effectively with stakeholders across the hospital, including managers and supervisors of non-medical departments. (e.g. client services and administrative management).
• Comfortable leading efforts to attract, recruit, hire and maintain medical technical hospital staff.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401K, flexible schedule and paid time off. Sign on bonus and relocation expenses possible for the right candidate.
It is the policy of VVERC to afford opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Email resumes accepted. Please do not call.
Job ID: 258978779