Veterinary Technician (Farmers Korner Veterinary Hospital)
Do you want to be a part of an energetic, fun, and dedicated veterinary team? Do you love treating animals and making their lives better? Are you looking for a healthy work-life balance? Do you want to live in a mountain paradise? Farmers Korner Veterinary Hospital is looking for a full-time veterinary technician to join our small animal practice in Breckenridge, Colorado.
About the Hospital:
Farmers Korner Veterinary Hospital is located in the center of Summit County, Colorado, a small mountain community surrounded by ski resorts, biking and hiking trails, lake and river water activities, and so much more. We are a small, two and a half-doctor practice that is well known in the community for providing progressive, gold standard medicine and the utmost in customer service. We offer wellness and illness care, surgical and dental procedures, ultrasound, digital radiology and digital dental radiology, Companion LASER therapy, in house physical therapy, and as-needed board certified surgery, anesthesiology, and cardiology services, all while making our clients and patients feel like family.
The Farmers Korner Veterinary Hospital management team works hard to create a fun, yet professional work environment where you can enjoy coming to work and grow your passion and career.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experienced Veterinary Technician (credentials preferred, but not required for the right candidate).
• Skilled in lab services, surgical assisting, anesthetic monitoring, dental prophylaxis, dental radiographs, and emergency medicine.
• Comfortable speaking to clients in different scenarios: obtaining an accurate and thorough history to present to the doctor, discussing prescribed medications, discussing treatment plans and financial estimates, reviewing discharge instructions, and fielding phone calls.
• Proficient in injections (SQ, IM, IV) and IV catheter placement.
• Comfortable reading in house cytologies, fecals, and urinalysis.
• Reliable, trustworthy, compassionate, patient, kind, and organized.
• Self motivated and goal oriented.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Strong desire to create a positive relationship and experience for the clients and patients.
• Willing to work infrequent on call emergency shifts as needed.
• Medical Insurance
• PTO/Sick time off
• CE and uniform allowance
• Licensure reimbursement
• Great discounts for personal pets
• Relocation stipend/sign-on bonus
Job type: Full time
Compensation: Competitive - DOE
Job ID: 251761487