Job Title: Medical Director - Veterinarian
Department: St. George, Utah Low Cost Spay/Neuter & Vaccination Clinic
Classification: Full-time exempt, Tuesday to Friday with no weekends and no on-call
Position Summary: This position will be opening a new clinic with the Humane Society of Utah. Provides spay/neuter surgeries in a high-quality, high-volume setting. Provides daily clinical supervision of veterinary technicians and assistants before, during, and after surgery. Manages low-cost vaccination services and other clinic services. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary $80,000-$100,000 DOE, great benefits, relocation assistance and two-year contract available.
Essential Job Functions:
● Performs spays and neuters (average of 30 per 5-hour shift).
● Oversee all other aspects of veterinary care on Clinic days, including pre and postoperative care, anesthetic administration and monitoring, emergency care, restraint and treatment.
● Examine, diagnose and treat post-surgical medical complications of animals spayed/neutered.
● Represent the Humane Society of Utah in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
● Communicate effectively and in a professional manner with public and all Humane Society of Utah staff members.
● Provide compassionate customer service to rescue groups, shelters, and private clients.
● Follow all written and verbally communicated Humane Society of Utah Spay/Neuter Standard Operating Procedures.
● Obtain continuing education as required by law.
● Attend all staff meetings and training sessions.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
● Must have, or be able to obtain, current Utah Veterinary License.
● Must have Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent.
● Experience employed as Veterinarian preferred.
● Ability to pass a background check
Job ID: 249967013