Job ID: 208224592
Wheaton Way Veterinary Hospital is expanding and looking for a full time or part time Veterinary Associate that is available immediately. This is a progressive, privately owned practice with a dedicated and passionate clientele and is highly leveraged with a knowledgeable and skilled support staff. Teaching and learning is a core value in this practice.
We currently have 2 full time and 2 part time DVM and the practice owner is a Diplomat of ABVP (canine/feline). We offer our clients a vast variety of the latest diagnostic tools (digital radiographs, digital dental radiographs, ultrasound, in-house/outside lab work), plus a wide range of surgeries (orthopedics, spays/neuters, advanced dental care, splenectomies, cyctotomies, and other complex laparotomies) and treatment plans.
Applicants should have a strong work ethic, great bedside manner, compassion, and a desire to provide exceptional client service to our clients and patients. This is a busy practice and applicants should be comfortable with multi-tasking as well as working with a team while treating clients, pets and coworkers in stressful situations with respect and dignity. Your skill set must include but not limited to:
• Builds rapport and enthusiasm with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet work ups, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and advances in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Wheaton Way Veterinary Hospital
Wheaton Way Veterinary Hospital is a full-service veterinary medical facility, located in Bremerton, WA. The professional and courteous staff at Wheaton Way Veterinary Hospital seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for their highly-valued patients.
We are committed to promoting responsible pet... Wheaton Way Veterinary Hospital is a full-service veterinary medical facility, located in Bremerton, WA. The professional and courteous staff at Wheaton Way Veterinary Hospital seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for their highly-valued patients.
We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care and health-related educational opportunities for our clients. Wheaton Way Veterinary Hospital strives to offer excellence in veterinary care to Bremerton, WA and surrounding areas.