Job ID: 124591476
Veterinarians needed for rapidly growing AAHA-certified small animal hybrid practice in NE Ohio (Salem). We are looking for a full-time and part-time veterinarian that can stay humorous in a fast pace, growing, long established and very busy small animal practice providing quality medicine to a large client base. We are a full-service multi-doctor hospital with in-house lab, digital radiology/ultrasound, large treatment area, full surgery suite and all the equipment you need to manage your patients. Our services include Wellness, Sick, Surgery, Urgent care, Critical care, ICU and daytime Emergency services. Our staff can get the job done and still have fun doing it.
We believe in using available technology to provide the best medicine possible. As a hybrid practice, we offer human quality medicine for our patients while tailoring it to the client's needs and income. Although we are not a specialty center, we can offer many similar services but can also provide referral to one of the nearby specialists. Our Motto is the needs of the patient come first. Our clients come to us because of our reputation for excellence and compassionate care. We have an experienced happy and fun loving staff. The hospital is large (9000 sq ft) and recently renovated - you won't believe how beautiful and modern it is. We have a full in house lab, ultrasound, dental machines, digital x-ray machine, 2 large surgery suites, isolation room, large treatment area, with 3 ICU units and critical care cages, with facility to house up to 34 patients. We have it all! We like our toys!
We are open 7 days a week with doctors sharing weekends. The average work week is 40 - 45 hours per week. The community is supportive, and we pull clients in from as far as 50 miles away. However, we have clients that travel all over so we also have clients in Canada, Florida, Arizona, Texas, Washington and Hawaii.
Adamson Veterinary Services
We provide full patient care for both dogs and cats. We are a patient centered practice with the philosophy that the needs of the patient come first To accomplish this mission, our staff and doctors are dedicated to the following principles
· The entire staff and doctors share the same mission and all are focused on the making the patient... We provide full patient care for both dogs and cats. We are a patient centered practice with the philosophy that the needs of the patient come first To accomplish this mission, our staff and doctors are dedicated to the following principles
· The entire staff and doctors share the same mission and all are focused on the making the patient better.
· It is our desire to provide our patients with exceptional care with compassion and respect. We take personal responsibility for directing patient care over time in partnership with their owners while offering the best possible service. We provide whole patient care which includes pets and their family (owners).
· Exceptional care comes from better client service and education. Better care doesn’t come from implementing the use of new equipment or new medicine – it comes from caregivers paying closer attention to what they are doing, using what they already know to design better ways of treating patients, and putting systems in place so that people actually change their behavior and provide better medicine.
· We are a patient centered practice where same day or next day appointments are offered. Our clients are our friends as well as our customers and we value their continued trust and goodwill. Courtesy and patience with clients and their pets are our priorities. An attitude of “We are glad you are here” must be conveyed to each and every client.
· The only way the needs of the patient can be met is through communication, compassion, teamwork and partnership between the client, staff and doctors. This communication with the client is important when determining the needs and treatment of the patient. Listening to the client, asking questions, listening again, and asking more questions allows us to summarize the concerns of the client, determine the symptoms of the patient, and determine the course of tests and treatments.
· This process involves studying, deconstructing and charting every state of treatment, from the moment the patient comes in until the moment he leaves.
· Providing compassion and understanding for end of life care and euthanasia. Allowing the client to express their grief and offer them emotional support.
· Managing the cost of services. Cost of medicine and services have always been an issue. We are not like human hospitals that can bill insurance for medical care. Our clients must pay up front. We try to work within their budget and explain costs, options, and expected outcome based on the services and products provided.
· Our job is to provide care based on what the patient needs while keeping in mind what the owner can afford. However, we should never disrespect the client by "x-raying their wallet" and then offer only what we perceive they can afford instead of offering what is best for the patient.
· If euthanasia is necessary, we should go about it with compassion and respect for the patient and family.