Job ID: 205427799
AAFP Gold Certified Cat only veterinary practice seeking a full-time Certified Veterinary Technician with excellent technical and laboratory skills. We are expanding with our recently built state-of-the-art facility.
We strive to educate our clients and practice the best quality medicine. We have a friendly, well-trained, long-term staff. We utilize paperless records and expect our technicians to use all of their technical skills.
We are looking for: A licensed technician (RVT/CVT/LVT) with excellent client-service skills who can multitask.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding clinical skills with a strong commitment to practicing the best medicine possible. A detail-oriented individual able to provide the caring for our patients and clients
The veterinary technician is the primary support to doctors and patients. The veterinary technician must be able to pay attention to detail, respond quickly and calmly to crises, and maintain very high standards of patient care. In addition, the veterinary technician must be able to communicate well with clients, showing care and concern for their pets.
• Client education
• Analyzing samples including urinalyses, CBC's, fecals, routine cytology, and skin scrapings
• Running In-Hospital laboratory machines
• Patient preparation and assistance during surgery
• Anesthesia induction, maintenance, and monitoring
• Cleaning, polishing, charting, and radiographing teeth during dental assessment and treatments
• Medication preparation, calculation, and administration
• Venipuncture and IV catheter placement
• Obtaining radiographs
• Proper animal handling & restraint
• Vaccination preparation and protocols
• Performing electrocardiogram (ECG) tracings
• Preparing cultures for bacteriological/mycological examination
• Counseling clients regarding home care, medication administration, post-operative care
• Maintaining pharmacy records and prescription fulfillment
• Assisting with inventory management, stocking, cleaning, and maintenance of all equipment and the hospital
• Other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications: CVT or LVT degree earned from accredited college
• The range for the position is dependent on experience.
• Veterinary assistants receive a generous benefits package including 401(k) participation, paid time off, generous discount for your cats veterinary care and uniforms.
• In addition, medical, vision, dental and life insurance is offered to associates based on eligibility.
College Station Cat Clinic
College Station Station Cat Clinic
Welcome to College Station Cat Clinic, a feline exclusive veterinary hospital located near historic downtown Wheaton. Special emphasis is placed on wellness health care so that our patients can live long, healthy lives. We focus on client education which keeps owners informed and involved in their cat’s well... College Station Station Cat Clinic
Welcome to College Station Cat Clinic, a feline exclusive veterinary hospital located near historic downtown Wheaton. Special emphasis is placed on wellness health care so that our patients can live long, healthy lives. We focus on client education which keeps owners informed and involved in their cat’s well being. We understand that cats are a unique species both physiologically and in their social relationships.